Entries from April 2016
April 25th, 2016 by Support Staff
April 23rd, 2016 by Support Staff
April 19th, 2016 by Support Staff
The End Summer Hunger Campaign Corps is seeking 80 exceptional members to join a team of dynamic change agents working to end childhood hunger in King County!
Corps members are assigned to one or more Summer Meals sites, and their job is to make a fun, safe and engaging environment for kids. Members will plan and lead activities for kids and families and ensure that all rules for the Summer Meals program are being followed. This is the ideal opportunity to work with a cohort of 80 other End Summer Hunger Campaign Corps, engage with parents, kids, nonprofit leaders and community members on a daily basis, and do something meaningful this summer.
The requirements for this position include:
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be a U.S. citizen, national, or legal permanent resident alien of the United States
- Must be available 40 hours a week for five days a week from June 20th, 2016 to August 26th, 2016
- Cannot miss more than two days of the entire term of service. No exceptions can be made.
- Must go through a Washington State Patrol background check
Applications will be reviewed and interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis. Early applications are encouraged. To apply, complete this application form. For more information, send them an email.
April 15th, 2016 by Support Staff
April 10th, 2016 by Support Staff
We’ve received reports from several neighbors about stolen mail and packages. If you find yourself with missing mail or packages, always check with the carrier and, if it’s USPS, file a claim with them here.
The latest reports state:
- “I saw opened letters scattered in our back yard”
- “I had a package stolen from my front yard”
- “I saw a package get taken from my porch”
- “I have filed a report with USPS regarding missing mail for the past few days”
Here are a few tips to keep your packages and mail safe:
- Pick it up at your local post office: USPS, FedEx, and UPS all offer a service to hold your package at their facility, letting you decide when to pick it up. USPS
April 9th, 2016 by Support Staff
Join the Friends of The Seattle Public Library for our Pop-up Shop on Saturday, April 30 from 11:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. at the Northeast Branch Library.
Pop in to purchase:
– Pre-owned paperbacks and children’s books for $1
– Goodies from the FriendShop, including mugs and jewelry
– Gifts for readers
They are also giving away 75 of their 75th Anniversary Tote Bags! First come; first serve!
Learn more on their website.
Your support helps the Friends advocate, educate and raise funds on behalf of The Seattle Public Library.
April 3rd, 2016 by Support Staff
New Prime Now offerings for our neighborhood!
April 2nd, 2016 by Support Staff
Submitted by Ken G.
After many years of faithfully serving the Wedgwood Community, Rxtra Care owners, Holly & Mike have decided to take advantage of a well-earned retirement. They chose Kelley-Ross Pharmacy Group to continue their legacy because of their many years of friendship.
“Over the years, we have built many similarities between our companies. We are like-minded in our commitment to community, and liked-hearted when it comes to our high level of customer care for patients and partners alike,
April 1st, 2016 by Support Staff
Starting April 11th (for Seattle Public Schools) Seattleites will take to the skies and the highways with the hopes of escaping the daily work or school routine with a spring break getaway. Whether your idea of spring break is a relaxing holiday on the beach, a road trip with the family, or a week with your closest friends, spring break poses its own set of health concerns.